Wednesday, February 24, 2010

i claim my right

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week
its management meeting day at the head office in Dokki, its the day that i feel i really love my job,
i get to be around my old office, the friends i made through work, and above all we get to talk, and go for lunch and speak our guts out about whatever brain dumb in any of us head,

 so today as you already knew from my previous 2 or 3 posts i have been struggling with the idea of let myself be sad/ unhappy or push myself to be happy

in another word "fake it until i make it".

so i was quiet all day wondering how to open the subject ,
then when we went to have launch during we were waiting for the food to come i throw my thought on them and innocently said: 

" i claim my right to be unhappy "


and here's what came next:

"But I like the inconveniences," said friend X

"We don't," said friend Y.
"We prefer to do things comfortably."

me: "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness."
"really," said friend Z,
"you're claiming the right to be unhappy?!!."
"All right then," said friend X
me: defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
then X said: "i am claiming my right to grow old and ugly and impotent, the right to have syphilis and cancer, the right to have too little to eat, the right to be lousy, the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen tomorrow, the right to catch typhoid, the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind.

"There was a long silence."
I claim them all," said friend X at last.
friend Z shrugged her shoulders. "You're welcome," She said.



that's why i like my friend, because its always good to know that there's people more messed up than me :P.
later everybody must go home now..

No comments:

Post a Comment