Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It matters that the ONE that you love got it.

The problem with listening to music, with reading books, is that in the past 50 years, everything that you could say to a man or woman, it has already been said by some famous singer or writer. And if you listen to poems and read books as much as some people do, the moment you move in to tell that person how you feel, you realize that it’s something that someone else already said.

So you know, I mean, it wouldn't feel right to take someone else's words. I mean, I could say I'll never be the same. I could say nothing compares to you, i can't let you go, you left this emptiness inside, and I can't turn back time. I could say that you got me so hypnotized, that I wanna fight for our right to love. That this was over before it ever began. That I will never love again. How there's no sunshine when she's gone. How her beauty shines brighter than any star, how my dreams will be haunted by her memory. No, there is no such thing as original anymore, because whatever you think you can say, more than likely, somebody said it already, and probably made it sound better, and got paid for it. But the thing about that, is that millions of people have already read it, heard it, and felt it. It’s no longer unique. The poems I write, they are from my heart, to that one person. For in the end, it doesn’t matter just how many people know how you feel. It matters that the ONE that you love got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment